Gender and Youth Specialist, Senegal
Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed, international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, health, and evaluation and learning. Banyan Global has managed 71 projects in 46 countries throughout the world.
Banyan Global is seeking a Senegalese Gender and Youth Specialist for a long-term consulting position. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in gender and youth integration, with specific experience integrating gender, youth and women’s economic empowerment into entrepreneurship and enterprise development programs. Experience in multiple sectors, such as agriculture, trade, energy, education, health and WASH, is preferred.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that project activities address gender and youth considerations, and that project activities specifically address the needs of women, men, and female and male youth.
- Ensure that gender and youth are integrated and mainstreamed across the program, including project design, implementation and monitoring, operations, as well as in staff training materials, policies and procedures.
- Within the scope of the project, provide gender and youth inputs on issues related to small and medium enterprise (SME) development and private sector investment in various sectors.
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to gender and youth dimensions of technical activities and operations, and discuss gender issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists.
- Conduct gender and youth analyses and research on gender and social norms and constraints in project locations.
- Provide strategic technical guidance on gender and youth integration to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders.
- Engage available and active women’s and youth networks and organizations in the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Design and facilitate gender and youth trainings for staff, stakeholders, and project clients to ensure that gender and youth considerations are assessed and accounted for.
- Develop appropriate gender and youth resources and tools for project staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of gender and youth issues related to project components.
- Senegalese citizens and residents strongly preferred.
- Full professional fluency in English and French required.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, gender studies, business, economics or another related field.
- Five or more years of experience working in gender and youth integration.
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender and youth issues and gender and youth integration processes and techniques.
- Strong negotiations and communications skills, and effective report-writing skills.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including experience with effective gender and youth indicators and data collection considerations.
- Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integrate gender and youth considerations into non-gender related programming.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission